We are glad to invite you to attend the International Arctic Workshop on Online Case Based Learning, which will take place in Tromso, Norway on Monday 19th of October 2015.
The workshop is held in the premises of the Department of Education of UiT The Arctic University of Norway The workshop is composed of lectures and hands on sections on online case based learning. The use and the creation of online cases for case based learning will be explored and aims to guide participants to create cases on the UiT OpenLabyrinth environment and use them as part of their undergraduate, postgraduate and continues professional development training.
Themes on the workshop will include:
- Online-Case Based Learning and examples from other fields
- From traditional to online case-based learning
- Online case based learning in higher education: The case of early childhood education teachers at the Arctic University of Norway
- UiT OpenLabyrinth environment – Run an online case
- Design and create an online case in UiT OpenLabyrinth environment
- Open Discussion – Pros and cos of online case based training
No REGISTRATION FEES needed and CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE will be given to participants of the Workshop.
Academics, teachers, students web scientists and managers involved in education “as it is” or enhanced by ICT innovations, are encouraged to participate in this workshop.
We hope that your attendance at the International Arctic Workshop on Online Case Based Learning will be interesting and enjoyable for you, both scientifically and socially, and that you will enjoy your stay in Tromso, Norway.
The Workshop organisers,
The University of Nottingham, UK
Northern Research Institute – NORUT, Norway
Department of Education, UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway